Saturday, August 28, 2010

Breakfast with Strangers

We came to Main St, Flushing, Queens. While Joyce was doing her hair, Jocelyn and I went for a mini adventure. While trying to get Jocelyn to decide what to have for breakfast, we went to Tai-pan. A great well known in the area Asian cafe.

The place is always packed, but Jocelyn wanted to eat on a table. We had to wait for a bit, but from all the way at the back I heard a "hey, amigo" lol a table with 3 Asian people, two old ladies and a guy. They called me over and said, "come come please sit here. Lol

The table barely fit 3 trays not to mention 4.. Jocelyn was all shy, but behaved.. All three people were complete strangers to each other, but there they were, eating and sharing a table like they were family.

The guy's name was Jimmy, the oldest lady maybe in her 80s was Lin and she said she like young men..and had the courage to ask me if I was single.. Lmao.. I am a tough cookie to crack, but this lady made me blush...she even said,, "oh, it's ok, don't be shy... I don't bite, I don't even have teeth any more.. See" yes she showed me that she had no teeth... The other lady was I think Kim.. Hope I am spelling them correctly, then again, I always hope I spelled my notes correctly.

To my surprise, all of them spoke Spanish. Lol the oldest lady spoke almost perfectly. They spoke better spanish than English. Lol.. And suddenly we were 5 complete strangers enjoying breakfast and old stories from the old lady.

I said it before and I'll say it again.. I love the Asian culture. Fun fun morning.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:38th Ave,,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment